In today’s critical society, it is difficult not to be judged by how you live. The lives of others are often measured and compared to “the norm”.
Yet, those “norms” are actually not realistic, as we are all free to live our lives as we please and not as others believe we should, because everybody is unique and special in their own way.
The important part of life is that you are creating happiness in your own life as well as in the lives of others. You shouldn’t have to cover the life you live just because someone else may think or tell you that you shouldn’t, or don’t need to be living in that fashion.
Therefore, here are 12 things you should never be ashamed of:
1. Who you spend time with- You are the one who chooses your friends and romantic partners, and no one has the right to judge you.
2. Your past: Everyone makes mistakes, and trials are just lessons that bring experience and wisdom. Learn from your mistakes, but never live obsessed with them, as the past is behind you, and you now need to create a happier life.
3. Time for self-care: The hectic lifestyles often force us to neglect ourselves, but it is very important to find time to dedicate to yourself only
4. Your eating habits: People can be sensitive about their food, but what you really need to do is to listen to your own body, and it will tell you what it needs.
5. Showing emotions- Don’t be ashamed to express how you feel, and you will be less prone to negativity and manipulation
6. Hope: If you are a dreamer, you are lucky. Feel free to hope and believe, and such positive thinking has numerous benefits.
7. Your work and income- Your career is your choice, and even though you will often receive advice or attacks about your choices, just follow what you love, and never get discouraged.
8. Striving to give your best: Following your dreams requires a lot of energy, time, and efforts, so don’t feel ashamed if you are doing your best to achieve your goals.
9. Positive thinking- No one can predict the future, and you will be much happier in life if you hope for the best instead of feeling anxious about what tomorrow can bring.
10. Forgiveness- You will not benefit from holding grudges, so don’t be ashamed to forgive and move on. Just let go and avoid the effects of negativity.
11. Being true to yourself: Live a life true to yourself, and you will never regret it. Don’t follow other people’s expectations, and be brave enough to follow your own dreams.
12. Your natural self- The beauty standards that mark certain era change over time, so you should never be ashamed of the way you look, as everyone is beautiful in a unique way and no one is perfect.
You are not obligated to be living in shame, you are free to do as you wish regardless of what anyone thinks. Just know the fact that what you are doing is making a positive impact on the world. Don’t listen to cynics!