The coconut nut is a versatile source of numerous nutrients, and despite being used as a drink or food, it can also serve as a natural medicine. Being easily digested and full of minerals and nutrients, it treats and prevents numerous health conditions and diseases.
Take a look at the following nutritional facts:
Coconut water nutrition facts:
|Serving Size 1 cup (240 g)|
|Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat 4|
|Total Fat 0.4g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2%|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||11%|
|Vitamin A 0% · Vitamin C 10%|
|Calcium 6% · Iron 4%|
Being full of antioxidants, it is one of the most potent weapons against free radicals and helps in the fight against various cancers, especially breast and colon cancer.
Coconut water, the juice found inside the young, green and undamaged coconuts, is a clear, sweet liquid that is a rich source of sugars, vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, enzymes, amino acids, and cytokines. On the other hand, it is very low in calories, only 39 calories per 100 ml.
The regular consumption of coconut water supports health in many ways, such as:
- Coconut water contains lauric acid which fights fungi, viruses, and bacteria and fights infections and inflammation in the body
- Being a rich source of dietary fiber, coconut water regulates blood sugar levels, and prevent diabetes
- Coconut water is high in copper which prevents cognitive decline due to aging and protects the nerve cells from protein plaques that contribute to the progression of Alzheimer’s
- Coconut water rehydrates the body and thus soothes headaches since dehydration is one of its most common causes
- The fatty acids it contains strengthen the hair and regenerate it
- Coconut water is easily digested and is rich in protein, and it suppresses appetite and boosts the fat burning process
- It contains omega-3 fatty acids and saturated acids that stimulate collagen production and improve skin health, treating wrinkles, stretch marks, and age spots
Therefore, make sure you incorporate this healthy drink into your diet and you will reap all its health benefits! Moreover, its flavor is absolutely fabulous!